Thursday, May 21, 2009

africa...t-4 days.

getting close here peeps.

each day i get a little more nervous - my stomach has actually been a little queasy since last nite...i don't see that going away for about 9 months, :). not much to update on, just writing for the sake of a post and for those of you who are too kind and read whatever i write on this thing.

i am in DC and my sister just left so i am going to head home shortly. so hard to say goodbye to her but so good to spend the day with her. had to say goodbye to katie and jon last nite and i know there are so many more hard ones to come. i feel so blessed to know so many amazing people and i am hoping that it will just give me something to look forward to at home instead of something to miss while i am gone.

i still have not actually packed anything into a suitcase yet, but me and pat have dedicated a corner of my room to stuff that is going with me. it's cleverly called "the africa corner." i am anxious to see what all i can fit...i guess i should work on finding suitcases to go with me. oops! part of me just wants to leave tomorrow to get this trip going and part of me really wants more time at home. 9 months though, right? nbd (no big deal for you oldheads).

so...if you feel like it, please pray for me and for some organization over the next couple days. and just a sense of peace and calm as i get ready to take off - literally. my flight is scheduled to leave at 9:00 p.m. on monday so pleeeease shoot a word up to the big guy for me at that time. you all are amazing and i.love.you.

2 comments:

  1. nbd - it's your best friend for the next 4 days, 9/12 months :) Who really needs suitcases to move to another country anyway? It was hard to say bye to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not as hard as it was to say goodbye to yoooou sister!

    ReplyDelete